Tuesday, February 19, 2008

My own room...sigh.

I've been looking at toddler beds for I don't know how long now. I finally broke down and bought Jimmy one and he LOVES it! The first night we put him in it he came trotting out of his room five minutes after we layed him down with a sly grin on his face and said, "HI!" He was thrilled, like he had figured out some cool trick and really fooled us both. We tried hard not to laugh and Jarom took him back to bed and told him it was time to sleep. He hasn't gotten out since. In fact, he calls for me in the morning when he wakes up. I've tried to explain to him that once it's morning time he can get up, but maybe it's better this way. After his nap the other day I heard him crack his door open and quietly knock on it. Then he called softly, "mommy?" What a sweet boy! He cracks me up!

Oh and he has to have ALL of his animals next to him when he sleeps. Yesterday I counted and he had 11 of them all snuggled next to him. He loves his blue blanket too and in fact I have to sneak it away from him when I need to wash it, which is quite often. Today he caught me throwing it in the washer and I was in big trouble!




The same night I put Jimmy in his toddler bed, Glade went in the crib. Although he still gets up a few times each night and I do have to walk a little farther to get him, I think I prefer having him in his own room. You know I didn't hang up any of his clothes until I had his room set up? For the first four months of his life I just tossed his nicely folded clothes in a box. I just couldn't bring myself to hang them up in the closet when it really wasn't his closet...I know, I'm weird.


5 comments:

the speers said...

Jimmy's so big! I can't believe it! that's too cute about his blankey! And, I'm the same way about hanging clothes, too! Glade looks so cute in his little crib! so...did you switch jimmy's room, or is glade in a new one? i love your babies! so cute!

Erika said...

I kept the nursery in the same room because we would've had to take the crib apart to fit it out the door. Jimmy got a whole new room and Glade got Jimmy's old one. I added a few new things to the nursery and moved the crib so it seemed slightly different/new.

I am a mother! said...

Don't kids just make life complete?!

Amber & Glenn Lovelace said...

Erika, hes a crack up! Jimmy is growing up too fast, especially when you compare him to Glade. I have a favor. would you mind emailing those pics from your parents on Sunday? I wanted to post some of glenn. Thanks so much!

cyndi said...

your babies are soooo sweet!