Friday, May 09, 2008

Boys in my house

"There are boys in my house – and Spiderman shoes
And 200 papers in various blues.
There's dirt on a face and a smudge on a nose;
Grass stains on knees and sand between toes.
There's bathtime at night with bodies to scrub,
And when we're all done there is dirt in the tub!
There's odors most icky; there's boogers so green
There's more yucky things than I'll ever get clean.
There's piles of laundry; there's stories at night;
There's bedtime and bathtime and dinnertime fights.
There are cute little vests and darling neckties
Dragged right through the mud – oh what a surprise!
There's running and climbing and jumping and falling
And laughing and crying and hugging and brawling
There's tantrums and time outs and extra loud noise –
There's love in my house shaped like two little boys."
-Erin Jo Kilmer

5 comments:

The Murdocks said...

Hey there! Our internet modem has been down for a while and I haven't been able to blog. I feel like I have missed so much! It stinks that I had to rush in and out of activity days too. Anyways, the Netherlands! Wow that's so cool! I'm going to call you sometime soon to visit teach before you leave.
P.S. Your blog is so fun to look at. I love the Twilight preview and the boob bottles! Soo funny!

Mary said...

How sweet!

L said...

How cute is that??

Amber & Glenn Lovelace said...

I love the poem! When I was first reading it I was impressed because I thought you might have wrote it. Love it! So did you get your mother-in-law a gift? I was going to suggest if she likes candles to give her a scentsy warmer. I love mine. Here is a link if you want to check them out. I sent you a invitation for a party that Im doing. Let me know if you would like to order anything. We love and miss you guys! Its www.scentsy.com and then go to catalog so you can see what they have.

Katie said...

I LOVE the poem! I'm stealing it. Love, love, love it.