Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Toddler Activity Bags

After reading Chasing Cheerios' post (love this blog, btw) about Toddler Activity Bags, I decided to make some for Jimmy. Hopefully they will help us on our 12 hour flight. Most of these things I already had lying around the house. It's amazing what you can find when you start to de-junk!

Here's what I've assembled so far...

color sorting game, foam sheets & stickers, finger puppets,

necklase making, paper man (not doll) magnets, scissors/glue/stickers,

puzzles, pop beads, misc items (new transformer/silly putty/calculator)

felt board & chalk board.


Here's a closer look at two of them:

Color Sorting with cowboys and indians has already been a big hit. I've now stored them away so they will seem new and more exciting. I already had the small tupperwares sitting in my cupboard. I painted the bottom inside and the rim. Jimmy also had fun lining the cowboys and indians all up with Daddy and taking turns trying to knock each other's down.

And here is the fabulous felt board. Can you tell it's homemade? And don't you love my amazing artistic skills? I know you're amazed!

6 comments:

McKenna Gordon said...

These are SO cute! I have to remember this idea for when Carer gets older. We have those same finger puppets from ikea!

Karlene said...

That is a great idea. We used to fly to KY yearly--about 5-6 hours. I would wrap about a dozen little gifts--candy, toys, etc.--for each child and put them in their backpacks. It really helped.

cyndi said...

Those are so creative and cute. What a good mommy you are. How did you do the first one? I don't get how they all go in the book. I would love to do something like that for our many trips to UT :)

the speers said...

you are so cute! very artistic!! and it's ok to be emotional about moving and selling stuff..hello, what a HUGE change! i love you!!

Fowler family said...

I am very impressed! What cool little bags!

Katie said...

Erica,

You're inspiring me to be a better mom. I'm going to start reading your blog for ideas! You're great!