Saturday, December 05, 2009

Labor?

So my contractions from last night were every 5 minutes for about an hour and a half. At that point I decided that because it was late (1:45 am) and because I was still able to breathe and slightly relax during contractions that I would try to sleep.

I hesitated doing this because I really didn't want my contractions to stop, but I also didn't want to be up all night if she wasn't coming. Thus I slept off and on, waking for moderate contractions from 1:45 to 5:45 am.

It's now 6:30 am and the contractions are once again picking up to be about every 5-7 minutes apart and are moderate intensity. The house is very quiet as everyone else is still sleeping, so for now I will continue to pace and wait. There's no way I could sleep any more right now.

Is it true labor? I really don't know, but it seems very likely that she could be born today! I sure hope I didn't just jinx myself. Gotta go find some wood to knock on!!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Erika I'm so excited!!!

Anonymous said...

So funny...you said after 2 labors you should know right...I felt like after 4 I would know but...I didn't! Every labor is different!..Good luck!

Amy B.

mikensi said...

hope she is coming, too!